Hello! I'm just beginning to create the book on Laura Meador's life. Please add this to your bookmarks as I plan to show the steady progress on how the book is shaping up.
We're beginning by getting Tom Dye (Laura's and my father) and Mary Devlin (Laura's and my mother) to provide their recollections on how they met, dated and eventually married. I figured this would be a good way to preface the book on Laura's life. After that I'm going to start on Laura's life. Though she was born in Reno, the family moved to Vegas when she was one, so there aren't much in the way of pictures or stories to tell there. Most of the pictures we have of Laura as a baby come from Las Vegas, at what we call "the house on Theresa Street." It was kind of a ramshackle place, in a pretty low-rent neighborhood (we had some notorious bullies give us grief once in a while).
The book is also going to contain as many quotes from Laura as I can muster. She kept an online journal and commented to me on various things. Plus there are also emails and Facebook quotes we can use. One of the quotes that she mentioned to me was that she couldn't remember anything from when Mom and Dad were married, as they separated when she was about four years old. So there may not be much from her during the early stages of the book.
Typing all this assures me that I can come up with some choice material about the family. IF YOU CAN READ THIS, please feel free to send me any memories you have about Laura! The address to write to is sunflowermemories@gmail.com. I will add this postscript to every entry. I also hope to have some pictures.
I hope you enjoy this journey into the life of someone who brought a lot of happiness into the world!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Was the house on 'Theresa Street' the one you lived in only until Laura was four?
ReplyDeleteAfter your mother left and your grandmother moved in to help raise you, Grandmother and your dad worked hard to find a nice home for you kids. The house that your Dad owned and that you grew up a typical middle class home in was a middle class neighborhood. (Middle class homes were not so fancy in the 1980's). I have no doubt there were bullies, because bullies are everywhere.
Your home turned out to be over a sink hole, so the kitchen floor started cracking in the late 1980's. Your memories are probably of the neighborhood shortly before your father moved, and some elderly home owners couldn't keep up their lawns, so there may have been a downward drift to the neighborhood before all of you left. Your cousin, Peggy